Did a slip and fall accident at your local CVS Pharmacy leave you seriously hurt? Or did the pharmacist make a critical error when filling your prescription? If you were badly injured in a CVS accident that was not your fault, you should take steps to protect your rights by calling a best CVS Pharmacy accident lawyer.
Wolfson & Leon has protected the rights of people hurt while shopping at CVS and other stores since 1963. We help people injured in accidents recover monetary damages to pay for much-needed medical care and replace lost income. Find out how the CVS accident attorneys at Wolfson & Leon may be able to help you by calling at 305-285-1115 or 239-777-9954 today.
Common CVS Pharmacy accidents
The first Consumer Value Store (CVS) was founded in 1963 and sold health and beauty products. By 1967, CVS opened pharmacies in two locations. Today, there are 9,715 CVS locations throughout the country.
At CVS Pharmacy, shoppers can browse the aisles while waiting for their prescriptions. Their convenient locations make it easy to grab a few essentials while running errands. CVS Pharmacy is the largest chain of pharmacies in the United States. With 853 locations in Florida, you can find a CVS Pharmacy in most neighborhoods, including:
- 102 S. Dale Mabry Highway, Tampa
- 2811 Clark Road, Sarasota
- 8740 Bird Road, Miami
- 2150 East Commerical Blvd, Fort Lauderdale
- 10155 Okeechobee Blvd, West Palm Beach
Like any other retailer, shoppers can be hurt when visiting a CVS Pharmacy. Common CVS accidents include:
- Slips and falls – Shoppers may slip and fall when floors are wet from spilled liquids or leaking freezers. Floors mats at the store entrance or in walkways pose a slipping hazard if they aren’t adequately secured to the floor.
- Parking lot accidents: Parking lots with uneven walkways, broken pavement, and potholes may cause a shopper to trip and fall. Lots with overgrown trees or bushes could put a pedestrian at risk of being hit if they block a driver’s view. And if the paint used for loading zones and parking spots doesn’t contain the appropriate non-slip materials, it can become slippery in the rain.
- Cluttered walkways: CVS aisles may be cluttered by stock carts, boxes, or packing materials as the shelves are being stocked. Shoppers may trip and fall over debris lying in the aisles. In an emergency, carts, boxes, or other debris blocking walkways may pose a severe hazard if customers cannot exit the store safely.
- Falling signs or displays: An overhead sign that becomes loose and falls could cause serious injuries if it hits a shopper. Product displays that are top-heavy or not properly secured could tip over on a person as they walk by.
- Prescription errors: If the pharmacist fills the prescription with the wrong medication or dosage, customers may overdose or suffer from an allergic reaction.
Damages in a CVS Injury Accident
When you are severely hurt at CVS because of someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to recover damages for your injuries. You could receive compensation to pay for:
- Emergency room care, hospitalization, and medical treatment
- Physical rehabilitation
- Lost wages
- In-home care
- Transportation costs for medical treatment
In addition to the economic costs incurred, you may also be entitled to recover compensation for mental and emotional anguish, pain and suffering, and the loss of consortium caused by your injuries.
When you are badly injured in a CVS accident, you should seek legal advice as soon as possible. You could recover damages when you have been severely hurt.
Why Call a CVS Pharmacy Accident Law Firm?
If you are hurt at CVS or any other store, you need to find out what legal rights you have to compensation. Companies want to limit their losses when you have been hurt, so they may offer to settle quickly. A fast settlement may sound like a great option when all you want to do is put the accident behind you. But you could be eligible to recover damages you aren’t aware of. Or the damage resulting from the accident may be worse than expected.
If you accept an early settlement without knowing what you are entitled to, you could receive far less than you should. Speaking with a best CVS accident lawyer can be critical in protecting your rights. At Wolfson & Leon, you can speak with your:
- Fort Myers CVS Accident Lawyer
- Tampa CVS Injury Attorney
- Sarasota CVS Personal Injury Lawyer
- Cape Coral CVS Accident Attorney
- Naples CVS Accident Lawyer
- Fort Lauderdale CVS Injury Lawyer
- Miami CVS Accident Lawyer
- West Palm Beach CVS Injury Lawyer
- Orlando CVS Accident Attorney
At Wolfson & Leon, we have defended injured victims’ rights for nearly 60 years. Contact our CVS Pharmacy accident attorneys today for a free, no-obligation consultation by calling at 305-285-1115 or 239-777-9954.