Florida is a popular retirement place. The year-round warm weather and sunshine attract retirees and families alike. Retirees can live in bustling cities like Miami, Fort Lauderdale, or Tampa. Or they can choose a quiet neighborhood close to shopping and activities. It is estimated that 25% of Florida’s population will consist of retirees by 2030. Retirees are more likely to suffer from age-related diseases. Diabetes, arthritis, and heart disease are common ailments we face as we get older. Doctors often prescribe several medications to fight these diseases and minimize symptoms.
While you may faithfully take your medication as prescribed, you could be badly injured if the pharmacy makes an error. When you or a family member are severely injured, you should speak with a best Walgreens medication error lawyer as soon as possible by calling at 305-285-1115 or 239-777-9954 today.
Walgreens Pharmacy Medication Errors
The first Walgreens drugstore was opened in 1901 by Charles R. Walgreen in Chicago. Walgreen focused on personalized service and an inviting atmosphere for customers. Over the years, the drugstore became known for its innovation. Walgreens focused on customer service, from inventing their old-fashioned malted milkshake in 1922 to opening the first drive-thru pharmacy in 1991.
Today, Walgreens has 8,965 stores in the United States, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens filled approximately 827.5 million prescriptions and immunizations across its drugstores in 2021.
Given the high volume of prescriptions filled each day, mistakes can happen. Some of the most common Walgreens prescriptions errors include:
- Prescription errors: Some prescription medications may have similar markings or appearance as other medications, making it easier to mix them up. If a pharmacist fills the prescription with the wrong dosage or medicine, it can cause serious harm to a patient.
- Data entry errors: While most prescriptions are sent electronically, a healthcare provider may enter an incorrect quantity, dosage, or medication type.
- Failure to confirm written prescriptions: A pharmacist who cannot read a hand-written prescription should contact the doctor’s office for verification. If they fail to do so, a patient could be given the wrong medication or the wrong dosage.
- No directions: The lack of or incorrect instructions for prescription medication could result in injury. Without appropriate directions, patients may not be aware of the side effects of the medicine. Wrong directions on the prescription bottle could cause someone to take higher doses of medication than they should.
- Inventory errors: Medication mislabeled or misplaced in inventory may be used to fill the wrong prescription.
- Allergies: Pharmacists should pay close attention to patient allergies when filling prescriptions. Providing a customer with the wrong medication could have devastating results.
Walgreens Medication Error Injury Lawyer
Prescription errors can result in serious, even fatal, injuries. Incorrect dosage or wrong directions may cause someone to overdose on their medication. Prescription errors could cause such injuries as internal bleeding, organ damage, seizures, or severe allergic reactions.
Patients may suffer irreparable harm when medication errors occur. When your family is affected by a severe prescription error injury, you should find out what legal rights you have. You may require extensive medical treatment and future help to care for your injuries. Your ability to work could be compromised and affect your household finances.
For nearly 60 years, Wolfson & Leon has represented people injured in accidents, such as prescription errors, car crashes, and slips and falls. If you were gravely hurt due to a medication error, you could find out what rights you may have to compensation by contacting Wolfson & Leon for your free and confidential case review. We examine the legal merits of your claim and can talk to you about possible legal remedies. You can call us today and speak with your:
- Cape Coral Walgreens Accident Lawyer
- Miami Walgreens Injury Lawyer
- Fort Myers Walgreens Accident Attorney
- Naples Walgreens Accident Lawyer
- Fort Lauderdale Walgreens Accident Lawyer
- Sarasota Walgreens Injury Attorney
- Tampa Walgreens Accident Lawyer
- Orlando Walgreens Injury Accident Lawyer
- Lehigh Acres Walgreens Accident Attorney
People hurt in accidents may not pursue legal action because they think they cannot afford it. At Wolfson & Leon, our Walmart injury attorneys work on a contingent fee basis, which means that you don’t pay for our legal help unless we settle your case.
If you get hurt at Walgreens or any other large drugstore, you may be offered a quick settlement from their attorneys. You may create a difficult financial position for your family if you accept a settlement that does not fully compensate for your medical care or lost income.
Wolfson & Leon defends the rights of people hurt in Walgreens and other drug stores throughout Southern Florida. Find out how our Walgreens injury accident lawyers can help you by calling at 305-285-1115 or 239-777-9954 today.