Were you badly hurt when shopping at The Fresh Market in Tampa? Whether you tripped and fell in the parking lot or were hit by a falling display, accidents at The Fresh Market may cause serious injuries. When you have been gravely injured, take steps to protect your family’s interests by speaking with a best grocery store accident lawyer as soon as possible.
At Wolfson & Leon, our grocery store injury attorneys are dedicated to helping people injured in accidents get their lives back on track. If you were severely hurt at The Fresh Market or any other grocery store, call us today for a free consultation at 305-285-1115.
Injured at The Fresh Market?
The Fresh Market was established back in 1982 by Ray and Beverly Berry. The first store was opened in Greensboro, North Carolina, and was modeled after the open markets of Europe. Today, this chain of grocery stores has 160 locations in 22 states.
The Fresh Market carries an array of fresh fruits and vegetables, delectable baked goods, premium cuts of meat, and fresh flowers. The Fresh Market has 46 locations in Florida. You can find Fresh Market grocery stores at:
- 13147 N. Dale Mabry Hwy, Tampa
- 2640 S. Bayshore Drive, Miami
- 2200 N. Flamingo Road, Pembroke Pines
- 1800 West Avenue, Miami Beach
- 13499 S. Cleveland Avenue, Fort Myers
- 3820 N. Federal Hwy, Fort Lauderdale
While Fresh Market stores have an open and inviting look, there may be conditions that could be dangerous to shoppers. Slips or trips and falls are common accidents that may happen at The Fresh Market.
- Since grocery stores sell an array of milk, juice, and other liquid products, spills from leaking or broken bottles can easily make floors slippery.
- Fresh produce that falls onto the ground may be stepped on, leaving a slick residue behind.
- Floors recently mopped or waxed pose a slipping hazard for customers unaware they are wet.
- Debris, such as papers, receipts, and packing materials, lying in the aisles as shelves are restocked may pose a slipping hazard if stepped on. Shoppers could trip and fall over carts or boxes left in the aisles.
- Store entrances may become wet from splashing rainwater or
Grocery stores also pose other dangers to customers. Products that are stacked high could fall and hit a shopper below. People may also be hurt if they are hit by a hanging sign that falls or a product display that topples over.
Even walking through the parking lot poses risks to shoppers. Lots that aren’t maintained and have potholes, broken parking stops, or chipped pavement may cause someone to trip and fall. Overgrown trees or signs that block a driver’s view could be dangerous to shoppers walking through the lot. Poor lighting at night may cause someone to fall over broken pavement.
Should I Seek Medical Help When Hurt at The Fresh Market?
When your injuries are serious or life-threatening, you need immediate medical attention. Even if you feel fine after an accident, seeing a doctor or healthcare professional is still a good idea. You may have hit your head, hurt your back, or torn a ligament without knowing it. Your injury could be far worse if you don’t get checked out.
The Fresh Market Accident Injury Law Firm
People injured while shopping at The Fresh Market, or any other grocery store, may not realize that they could receive compensation for their injuries. You may think you caused the accident because you were clumsy or can’t pursue damages because you can’t pay a lawyer.
At Wolfson & Leon, we believe people severely injured in accidents deserve legal representation to protect their rights. We do not want fees to be the reason you can’t get the help you need, so our attorneys work on a contingent-fee arrangement. This means you don’t pay fees for our legal services unless we settle your case. Our fees are based on the allowable amounts set by the State of Florida. Legal fees are paid out of the settled amount. So, you aren’t stressed over how you’ll pay for the legal help you need.