Were you gravely injured in a slip and fall accident at a Florida 7-Eleven convenience store? Are you stressed over the medical bills piling up on your table? Are you frustrated that you cannot work during your recovery? You should speak with a 7-Eleven accident injury attorney at Wolfson & Leon to find out if you might have a legal right to recover compensation for your injuries. Learn more by calling Wolfson & Leon today for a free and confidential case review at 305-285-1115.
Common accidents at 7-Eleven
7-Eleven stores are known for their convenience. Since its start inside a Dallas ice store in 1927, 7-Eleven has tailored its services over the year to offer gas pumps, self-service soda machines, coffee to go, and a 24/7 schedule. 7-Eleven has a global presence with over 81,000 stores in 18 countries. 7-Eleven expanded its family of brands with the acquisitions of Speedway, Stripes, Sunoco, and the Laredo Taco Company.
Whether stocking up for a day at the beach or stopping to fill your gas tank on the way to work, you can find a 7-Eleven store in just about every Florida town, including Miami, Fort Lauderdale, St. Petersburg, Tampa, and Fort Myers. Most 7-Eleven stores feature an array of beverages, snacks, household items, and meals to go.
Despite their easy access, 7-Eleven and other convenience stores can pose severe dangers for unsuspecting customers. Slips and falls inside a 7-Eleven are common accidents that may happen when:
- Self-serve soda or juice machines leak or overflow,
- Spilled coffee or beverages aren’t cleaned up
- Overflowing sinks or toilets in restrooms
- Broken or malfunctioning freezers and refrigerators that drip water onto the floor
- Produce mashed onto the floor after being stepped on
- Mats placed in entryways and near beverage machines without the proper adhesive to prevent slipping when stepped on
- Leaking or spilled oil or other fluids around gas pumps can make walkways slippery
- Wet leaves, grass, or other debris laying on sidewalks or parking lots may be slick
- Paint used in parking lots may become slippery when it rains
You should visit a doctor immediately if you have been seriously injured in an accident. However, it’s not always clear when you are seriously hurt. You could have hit your head harder than you thought or strained your back in a fall. It is strongly suggested that you get examined by a doctor. It may seem inconvenient, but seeking medical help early can prevent your injury from worsening if you are badly hurt.
What Should I Do if Hurt at a 7-Eleven?
When you get hurt while shopping at 7-Eleven or any other convenience store, you should take immediate steps to protect yourself by
- Report your accident to the store’s manager or employee in charge
- Getting copies of any reports filled out that document your accident and injuries
- Take pictures or videos to show where the accident happened, as well as what injuries you suffered as a result
- Write down the contact information for any employees you talked to and any witnesses to the accident
People who are severely injured while shopping at 7-Eleven or any other store should seek legal help as soon as possible. Large companies, such as 7-Eleven, may offer you a quick settlement to keep their payout as low as possible. But, if you don’t know your rights to compensation, you may accept something less than what you need for your recovery. And if you have costly medical bills and can’t work, taking a lowball settlement can cause extreme financial stress on your family.
Why Call a 7-Eleven Accident Injury Lawyer?
Since 1963, the convenience store accident lawyers at Wolfson & Leon have helped accident victims recover damages when severely injured. If you were injured in a 7-Eleven or any other convenience store, we encourage you to contact Wolfson & Leon today for your free, no-obligation case consultation. We can assess the legal merits of your case and answer questions, such as how much compensation you might receive and what to expect if you sue.
The 7-Eleven injury lawyers at Wolfson & Leon defend victims of negligence throughout Florida including in Fort Myers, Cape Coral, Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Naples, West Palm Beach, Orlando, Tampa, Jacksonville, Daytona Beach and Sarasota. Call the 7-Eleven accident attorneys at Wolfson & Leon today at 305-285-1115 and get the answers you need today!