Buc-ee’s is an expansive convenience store and gas station located in the South. With aisles of food, merchandise, and other specialty items, it is an excellent place to stop while traveling or making your way home from work. Yet, with so much going on, accidents can happen. You might be hit by a car driving through the parking lot or slip inside the store.
Big corporations, like Buc-ee’s, often have legal teams whose sole job is to keep their costs down in the event of an accident. They may offer you a quick settlement or drag their feet when addressing your claim. Either way, this puts you at risk of not getting the monetary damages you are entitled to.
When you’ve been badly hurt in Buc-ee’s, or any other convenience store, you should reach out for help from the best Florida accident injury lawyer you can find. Our Florida personal injury lawyers have defended the rights of people hurt in car crashes, slips and falls, medication errors, and other accidents since 1963. If you’ve been gravely injured in an accident, call us today for a free evaluation of your case. There is no cost to find out what your rights are and what legal action you might be able to take. Call us right now at (305) 285-1115.
Hurt at Buc-ee’s?
Buc-ee’s is known for its massive convenience stores and lines of gas pumps. It has 38 locations throughout Florida, Texas, Georgia, and Alabama. With convenience store sizes larger than the average grocery store, Buc-ee’s has plenty of room to sell a wide array of ice-cold drinks, snacks, fresh fruits, pastries, and sandwiches made every day. Shoppers craving a tasty snack can enjoy Buc-ee’s sugar-roasted pecans, Beaver Nuggets, and its world-famous jerky. You can find plenty of other must-haves, such as Buc-ee’s branded merchandise, beach chairs, and clothing.
Founded by Arch “Beaver” Aplin and Don Wasek, Buc-ee’s opened its first store location in Lake Jackson, Texas, in 1982. With their proximity to highways and heavily traveled roads, Buc-ee’s can see hundreds, even thousands, of people in its stores every day. Its New Braunfels store in Texas holds the world record as the largest convenience store at 66,335 square feet. It has the world’s longest car wash, with its conveyor reaching 255 feet.
Florida Buc-ee’s Convenience Store and Gas Station
Florida’s newest Buc-ee’s location was opened in March 2021 in Daytona Beach, Florida. Located near I-95 and LPGA Boulevard, the Daytona Buc-ee’s store is over 50,000 square feet and boasts 104 gas pumps. Travelers can stop for a bite to eat and fill up their gas tanks.
Hurt at a Buc-ee’s Convenience Store?
A lot goes on at Buc-ee’s convenience store and gas station. With lines of restrooms, gas stations, and plenty of goodies inside, hundreds of people can be in and around this massive store. This bevy of activity can lead to accidents when the store or gas station isn’t properly maintained or supervised. People can get hurt inside or outside of the store such as these common scenarios:
- Slip and fall accidents: Convenience stores and gas stations can pose hidden hazards to unsuspecting shoppers. People may slip on spilled coffee or soda. Water from leaky refrigerators or freezers can lead to a slip and fall accident if not cleaned up promptly. The front entrance can be dangerous if customers track in water from the outside. Shoppers may slide and fall on debris lying in the aisles or floor mats not secured. When an employee mops the floor but forgets to put up a warning sign, people might slip.
- Parking lot accidents: With its sheer number of parking spaces and gas pumps, a large volume of cars can pass through at any time. The largest Buc-ee’s location has over 1,000 parking spots. The frequency of vehicles driving down the lanes or pulling into pump gas can be dangerous to pedestrians as they walk through the parking lot.
- While Buc-ee’s does not allow 18-wheelers, it does have its share of delivery trucks on the property. These large vehicles can hinder the view of drivers and add to the hazards of walking through the parking lot.
- People may also be hurt in parking lots that are not properly maintained. Potholes and broken pavement pose trip and fall hazards to pedestrians. With Buc-cee’s open 24 hours a day, people may fall if the parking lot has dim or broken lights.
- Falling displays and goods: Convenience stores often use displays to highlight what they are selling. Loose or top-heavy displays may fall on shoppers passing by. People may also be hurt when hit by falling goods stacked high on shelves or hanging signs.
Common Injuries at Buc-ee’s
If you were gravely injured a Buc-ee’s convenience store or gas station, be sure to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Even if your injuries don’t seem like a big deal, you should get checked out as they may be more severe than you think. Common injuries at a Buc-ee’s or other convenience store include.
- Head trauma: People who fall may hit their head on the floor, shelf, or pavement. They may end up with a concussion or experience a more serious head injury, such as skull fractures, brain bleeding, or torn tissues. Such injuries may also happen if they are hit in the head by falling merchandise or signs.
These traumatic brain injuries range from minor to life-threatening, depending on their severity. You may only need a few days to recover from a minor concussion, but a more significant injury, such as torn tissues or a skull fracture, could take weeks, even months, to heal from.
- Neck and back injuries: People who fall may try to catch themselves and cause harm to their neck or back.
- Broken bones: Being hit by a heavy object or falling may result in broken bones.
In addition to the above, people hurt in accidents may sustain bruises, cuts, sprains, and scrapes.
These injuries may need extensive medical treatment and physical recovery. You could face weeks of bed rest. This may keep you from making a living. Expensive medical treatment and lost wages can cause severe financial strains on a family’s budget.
What to Do If You’ve Been Hurt at a Buc-ee’s
When you’ve been hurt at a Buc-ee’s store, you need to report this to the store manager and be sure to get copies of any reports that they fill out. It is also helpful to write down the names of anyone who witnessed your accident and any employees you spoke with. If you have your smartphone, take pictures of the area where you were hurt. Be sure to seek medical help as soon as possible, even if you feel ok.
Florida Personal Injury Attorneys at Wolfson & Leon
f you were severely hurt at a Buc-ee’s convenience store or gas station anywhere in Florida, you should consult a personal injury attorney at Wolfson & Leon. Our personal injury law firm has served people hurt in accidents for over 55 years. If you don’t know if you have a case or would just like to ask questions about your accident, contact us today for a free consultation.
Should you have a claim, our Florida personal injury lawyers work on a contingent-fee basis. There is no need for concern about how you’ll pay for our legal services; we only get paid when your case is settled. This way, you get the legal help you need without adding to the financial stress your injury has caused in your life.
At Wolfson & Leon, we tackle all aspects of your claim, including paperwork, calls, and negotiating a settlement. We also handle legal representation in court, should your case require it.
Since 1963, Wolfson & Leon has served people who hurt in accidents. From our offices in Miami, Fort Myers, West Palm Beach and Fort Lauderdale, our personal injury lawyers proudly serve residents throughout Florida. If you were hurt in a Buc-ee’s convenience store or gas station, call Wolfson & Leon today for help at 305-285-1115 (Miami), at 239-777-9954 (Fort Myers), or 954-289-9954 (Fort Lauderdale) today.