Were you injured in an accident at your local Dunkin’ Donuts? Getting hurt at Dunkin’ Donuts or any other coffee or donut shop is more common than you might think. And if your injuries are severe, you could be hit with costly medical bills for your care. You may be unable to pay your household bills if your injuries are so severe that you cannot work.
So, if you were hurt, it is a good idea to speak with a Dunkin’ Donuts accident lawyer at Wolfson & Leon today. Our restaurant accident lawyers work tirelessly to defend the rights of people hurt in accidents caused by someone else’s negligence. You may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. Find out more by calling the Dunkin’ Donuts injury lawyers at Wolfson & Leon today at 305-285-1115 or 239-777-9954
Common accidents at Dunkin’ Donuts
Founded in 1950 by Bill Rosenberg, Dunkin’ Donuts is known for its wide variety of donuts and fresh-brewed coffee. As one of the leading baked goods and coffee chains, there are over 11,300 Dunkin’ Donuts stores across the globe. Over 3 million customers visit Dunkin’ Donuts daily for their premium coffee and tea beverages, jelly-filled donuts, tasty bagels and muffins, and an array of breakfast sandwiches.
Some Dunkin’ Donut locations are stand-alone stores. Other sites are found in grocery stores, food courts, and gas stations. Most locations offer dine-in service, curbside pickup, and free Wi-Fi. And if you need a place to hold a business meeting, you can find sleek conference rooms in some stores that you can rent by the hour.
Dunkin’ Donuts has hundreds of locations throughout Florida, including;
- 350 W. Sunrise Blvd, Fort Lauderdale
- 1622 W. Kennedy Blvd., Tampa
- 1840 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd, West Palm Beach
- 300 Washington Blvd N., Sarasota
- 1606 Alton Road, Miami
- 1309 Manatee Ave E., Bradenton
The store can become packed with so many customers visiting Dunkin’ Donuts on the way to work. Slips and falls are among the most common Dunkin’ Donuts accidents. Slip and fall accidents may result from:
- Spilled coffee or other beverages not cleaned up
- Freshly mopped or waxed floors without warning signs
- Entryway mats not secured to the floor
- Rainwater splashing into the entrance or tracked in on customers’ shoes
- Sinks or toilets leaking water onto the restroom floor
- Wet leaves or other debris lying on outdoor sidewalks
- Parking lot paint that becomes slippery when it rains
What Should I Do When Hurt at Dunkin’ Donuts?
If you slip and fall or are hurt when visiting Dunkin’ Donuts, you should take a few steps to protect your rights.
- Report the accident to the Dunkin’ Donuts store manager
- Ask for copies of accident or injury reports
- Use your smartphone to take pictures or videos to show where the accident occurred and any factors that may have contributed to it. It is also helpful to take pictures of your injuries.
- Take down the names and numbers of anyone you spoke with or witnessed the accident.
You need to get medical attention immediately when your injuries are severe or life-threatening. Sometimes, you may feel fine after a slip and fall accident. Even if that is the case, you still need to get checked out by a doctor. Injuries are not always apparent when an accident first happens. You may have hit your head or broken a bone when you fell. You may have torn a ligament as you slipped.
Why Call a Dunkin’ Donuts Accident Injury Lawyer?
Large companies, like Dunkin’ Donuts, often have their legal teams to protect them from loss. If you were severely hurt in a Dunkin’ Donuts slip and fall or any other accident, you might be offered a quick settlement by their legal team. You may want to accept this early settlement because you need the money to pay for your medical care or your household expenses if you cannot work.
But suppose you settle without speaking with a best Dunkin’ Donuts accident attorney. You may be accepting far less than what you are entitled to. You should seek legal help to understand your rights before accepting any offer.
Since 1963, the Florida restaurant injury lawyers at Wolfson & Leon have helped accident victims recover damages when severely injured. You can call us today for a free case evaluation. We take the time to review the merits of your legal claim, ask your questions, and explain what options may be available to you.
You may be worried that you can’t get legal help because of the cost. But at Wolfson & Leon, our Dunkin’ Donuts restaurant lawyer works on a contingent-fee basis. So, you will not pay legal fees for our help unless your case is settled.